This is the layout of a talk I gave at the Confoo conference on March 9th 2011, in Montreal, Canada. There will be a post on each of the following topics, each covering about 7 minutes of my talk. It will be accompanied by the video of the talk, as well as all the references, code and links.
Table of contents
- Part 1: Meta-presentation, setup and tools used
- Part 2: Pyramid: installation and app starter, html5boilerplate
- Part 3: FFmpeg encoding, video tag, and drag'n'drop
- Part 4: Python's Gevent, Socket.IO presentation, Pyramid implementation (client and server)
- Part 5: MongoDB integration for a distributed filesystem
- Part 6 revisited: Messaging with AMQP, RabbitMQ setup and the Kombu python lib
- Part 6: Easier messaging with Redis and its PubSub
- Part 7: Android app as a Socket.IO client.
I hope to publish all parts within a few days. I just want to make sure they are proof-read.
All the series was tested with Google Chrome. If something doesn't work with your favorite browser, you might want to try with Chrome.
Here is the YouTube presentation playlist:
UPDATED April 1st 2011: Added video, and links to part 1 and part 6.